- Hello everyone, I am Revin Sergey, I'm 23 years old and playing DOTA 2 for Natus Vincere.
cHuMeel: What to you do in your life besides the gaming, do you have girlfriend, do you study or work somewhere?
- I am not dating with anyone at the moment, I broke up with my girlfriend six months ago. I graduated from the institute but I'm not working anywhere right now except doing professional DOTA 2.
cHuMeel: Why did you choose DotA over all other games?
- I just enjoy games that involve team play. As for me, DOTA is THE MOST team play game out there.
cHuMeel: In a previous interview with prodota.ru you've mentioned that your nick "Smile" is a result from using an emoticons as your names in games, but what about ARS-ART?
- Why asking this question if you know you aren't gonna get replied?
cHuMeel: You have quite an experience in competitive gaming, as we know you have played for many famous teams such as Virtus.pro , DTS , SK Gaming , Moscow Five and The Retry What stands behind your decision to change that many teams and not to stay in one and make a stable career in it?
- It is the same as in real life sports... You are trying to find a team you feel the most comfortable to play with...
cHuMeel: You started as a stand-in for Natus Vincere , but after winning the Techlabs Cup and ESWC 2011 you officially joined them. How do you like the team and the teammates?
- I know all of these players for a long time. I've managed to play with 3 of them for many teams (smiles). Actually, this is the best team in the world I have ever played. It combines a lot of factors such as attitude for the gaming, management, players support and so on.
cHuMeel: Can you describe your teammates and their roles in the team?
Clement 'Puppey' Ivanov: captain / leader / jungler / support
Dmitriy 'LightofHeaveN' Kupriyanov: solo liner
Daniel 'Dendi' Ishutin: solo / initiator
Alexander 'XBOCT' Dasjkevitj: main carry
Sergey 'ARS-ART' Revin: poor noob support !
Since the team has two Ukrainians, two Russians and an Estonian in the current roster, in which language do you communicate?
- In Russian.
From time to time we can see most unusual things from you such as Blink + BKB or Sange + Vanguard on Crystal Maiden which is funny and at the same time it works for you guys. Is that a trained strategy or you just go with the flow?
- Blink + BKB on Crystal Maiden is a regular build, there isn't anything unusual about it. I like to build "tough tank-support" to get less nukes. So when they start to focus fire me, it turns out that I have the most HP in the team.
When you were in VP the team was quite dominant in WC3 DotA at that time, similar to Na`Vi in DOTA 2 at the moment. Does the exciting feeling to be in the top team in the world stays the same after all these years, or you were more hyped about it back then?
- I am trying to put maximum effort to make teams I play for to beat everyone. I was a little bit lucky, too, that I got into such teams like VP and Na`Vi. What about excitement... Yeah, it's always cool to stay on top for a long time. Moreover when you win something.
International 2 is already announced, and the rumor is that the prize pool might be bigger this year. Do you think Na`Vi have what it takes to defend the title?
- Nothing is impossible... If you put much practice into it! (smiles)
Recently we saw many Chinese teams switching to DOTA 2, do you think they will dominate the scene once they get used to the game?
- Chinese are very diligent. I think they will be totally ready for International so they should be taken seriously.
Even though the game is still in beta version and it needs a lot to be finished, how do you like DOTA 2 over the original WC3 DotA?
- I like DOTA 2 more... I think it's because I am already used to it. Moreover DOTA 2 is simplified, there are a lot of cool features, you study some new things. That's why I like it more then the original worn out DOTA.
We'll finish off with some quick questions. First of all, favorite DOTA 2 player?
Which hero do you miss the most?
- Terror blade.
HoN or LoL?
- DOTA 2 only!
In the end I'd like to thank you for your time ARS-ART. Do you have any final words or shoutouts?
- Thanks a lot to all our fans, thank you for your support. Regards to all of my friends both in real life and in DOTA 2. My gratitude also goes to our sponsors SteelSeries, Antec and Kingston. Please visit www.navi-gaming.com and facebook.com/natusvincere for all the latest updates and content about our team
* Writer and artiste extraordinaire
* Previous Lead League of Legends Editor for SK-gaming
* League of Legends Livestreamer
NewBee wins The International 2014, $5 million
ESPN to cover The International 2014
TI4: China takes the lead
TI4: Cloud 9 leads the pack
TI4: Liquid to the playoffs
THE NEW JERSEY