Top navigation Players Media Awards Partners About
Change skin White Black
Partners Intel Medion ASRock Kingston Gamed.de

TOPIC

« Previous1Next »
9800 GTX+ Scaling Option Missing

I got an issue with my 9800 GTX+. My PC has a wide screen monitor and when i install an older game, that it does not support 16:9 resolution, it gets stretched from left and right, making a deformed resault.

Usualy, you found an option for this matter in "NVIDIA Control Panel: Display -> Adjust Desktop Size and Position" that writes:
"When using a resolution lower than my display's native resolution..." followed by four choices:
1) Use NVIDIA scaling
2) Use NVIDIA scaling with fixed-aspect ratio
3) Use my display's built-in scaling
4) Do not scale

..but not in 9800 GTX+ card options. In the same place, you can only adjust the screen position up, down, left and right... I notice that i have the latest drivers installed.

Please, if you know any solution, respond to this article. Thanks in advance.

bomba6ko wrote:
if the game doesnt support 16:9 , than its normal to have that black links in the left and right side

yes, I have same Graphic Card

And you have that black links? :x

no :))

mm..

PsychotiC wrote:
I got an issue with my 9800 GTX+. My PC has a wide screen monitor and when i install an older game, that it does not support 16:9 resolution, it gets stretched from left and right, making a deformed resault.

Usualy, you found an option for this matter in "NVIDIA Control Panel: Display -> Adjust Desktop Size and Position" that writes:
"When using a resolution lower than my display's native resolution..." followed by four choices:
1) Use NVIDIA scaling
2) Use NVIDIA scaling with fixed-aspect ratio
3) Use my display's built-in scaling
4) Do not scale

..but not in 9800 GTX+ card options. In the same place, you can only adjust the screen position up, down, left and right... I notice that i have the latest drivers installed.

Please, if you know any solution, respond to this article. Thanks in advance.

you have a DVI cable???? only in DVI it's work:P

True!

I have NEC19WV connected to 9400GT with VGA and there is no such option in NVIDIA Panel, but my friend has another LCD display connected with DVI to 9400GT and this option is there. I've searched for some DVI>VGA emulating tricks but I found nothing.

ok ok thanks a lot for you guys :)

« Previous1Next »

Partners In Win big ben Mionix