Top navigation Players Media Awards Partners About
Change skin White Black
Partners Intel Medion ASRock Kingston Gamed.de

TOPIC

« Previous1Next »
ex_interp 0.1/0.01 difer ?

somebody says that it creates a lag so even when you enemy passes behind the wall .. you can kill them .. well i use the default ex_interp .. cause i don't know what changes in game so .. it's better to stay as it is ! :)

but .. can somebody of you explain to me what's the difference ?

Firstly Interp means interpolation. So, basically it “interpolates” packets of data coming in to your pc/net connection. The interpolation occurs like this :

lets say 10 frames (video frames or packets of data) are displayed on your computer. if you have ex_interp at 0.1 then only 4 frames will be “real” frames, and the rest will be guessed. so it will be like this:
(RF = real frame; GF = guessed frame) :
RF GF GF RF GF GF RF GF GF RF etc.
so now if you change your ex_interp to a lower value, say 0.01. This will change the sequence to 8/10 frames are real. RF RF GF RF RF GF RF RF GF etc.

The reason it does this is to compensate for your shitty connection, so that what you see on your screen is nice and smooth.

IN CONCLUSION, if you have a fast connection, use the lowest value (.01) If you have a crappy connection, use a high value (.1)

lol good explanation :D

I don't understand:D nevermind:D I'll try:)

Gvidas
Gvidas

omg MecH- thanks for help ;O

OMG ... it's the best explanation ever on any of my questions .. thank you MecH- ... thank you very much !

if i had 1mb so i can download 1.01 Mb/s and upload 0.47 Mb/s so which interp i should use, 0.1 or 0.01?

nem0 wrote:
if i had 1mb so i can download 1.01 Mb/s and upload 0.47 Mb/s so which interp i should use, 0.1 or 0.01?

i want that mech answers :-) he knows

ChieF_
ChieF_

MecH- wrote:
IN CONCLUSION, if you have a fast connection, use the lowest value (.01) If you have a crappy connection, use a high value (.1)

Sorry guy, but I am not with you with your conclusion.
Because if you play LAN - you have 0.01 and net_graph 1 - two flat lines (Upper green and botom violet) and arerealy flat.
Now you connect to NET server with your fast connection and if you have 2 flat lines with 0.01 ex_interp, than you will be master of lucker.

Everytime bootom violet line is not flat, what you can see playin looks smooth but after comming choke because your interpolation is very BIG !!!!!
Rush 5 enemy - your CS will be like lagged

HF

Good lession, n1 :)

BatEX wrote:
Good lession, n1 :)

lan interp 0.1
internet interp 0.01

quacKKKKKK wrote:
lan interp 0.1
internet interp 0.01

LOL?
On all LAN tournaments only legal interp is 0.01! And online only noobs play with 0.1, all other play with 0.01

0.01 lan home :( 4me

2easy4Aind wrote:
quacKKKKKK wrote:
lan interp 0.1
internet interp 0.01

LOL?
On all LAN tournaments only legal interp is 0.01! And online only noobs play with 0.1, all other play with 0.01

+1

ex_interp 0.01

ofc ;/

MecH- wrote:
Firstly Interp means interpolation. So, basically it “interpolates” packets of data coming in to your pc/net connection. The interpolation occurs like this :

lets say 10 frames (video frames or packets of data) are displayed on your computer. if you have ex_interp at 0.1 then only 4 frames will be “real” frames, and the rest will be guessed. so it will be like this:
(RF = real frame; GF = guessed frame) :
RF GF GF RF GF GF RF GF GF RF etc.
so now if you change your ex_interp to a lower value, say 0.01. This will change the sequence to 8/10 frames are real. RF RF GF RF RF GF RF RF GF etc.

thanks for info bro
The reason it does this is to compensate for your shitty connection, so that what you see on your screen is nice and smooth.

thanks for info

Just use that ex_interp 0.01 and rate 25000 cl_cmdrate 101 cl_updaterate 101 thats it!

Nice MecH-

ex_interp 0.01

0.01 realistic.. better shooting

ex_interp 0.01 Always

Download spedd 0.60Mb/s upload 0.05Mb/s
ex_interp 0.01 or 0.1

« Previous1Next »

Partners In Win big ben Mionix