Top navigation Players Media Awards Partners About
Change skin White Black
Partners Intel Medion ASRock Kingston Gamed.de

TOPIC

« Previous1Next »
after 3yrs of guildwars, ima wow

OK, I was a huge hater of wow, and had played guild wars since their E3 in 2004, then the game release, but now I'm tired of the devs in that game, and duping/exploits completely messing up the economy, and the PVP experience wasn't as good as promised.

So, I think I'm going to switch to WoW, had been playing on a private server this weekend just to get to know the game (it was a 10x server, so I got to lvl 30 and was at least able to understand what ogrimmar is, and how to train/etc). I was originally a beta tester for wow way back but that was a long time ago.

Now, my ultimate aim is pvp, so I was wondering what server/race/class you guys suggest. I am US, and I read that thread about bg9, so would sargeras be a good choice (I have a friend who quit, he was sargeras so he could probably give me some gold and craft me some bags, he was the most well known/geared alliance priest in that realm till he quit in 2006) ?

If not bg9, then what is the best bg to get into?

Also, with the incoming patch, i heard about nerfs to warlock, what would be the best race/class to level up into? I would probably do alliance just cuz after some search, most top people are alliance.

Thanks all

after playing 3 years of wow i can give you some advice :+)

If you like PVE i think its best to roll alliance ,for PVE classes like druid / shaman / Paladin are always in need , they are hybrids and can spec for DPS also

If you like to PVP and wanne do Arena (its what i do now) roll Horde , you will win more Battllegrounsd and have more fun gearing up for Arena.

World pvp has died on most servers , but iam hearing that on Stormscale and Al"akir world pvp is still going on sometimes.

The #1 class for Arena at this time in a Warrior hand down ,followed closely rogue / Priest / Warlock.

if you wanne have an idea of classes go to this site and download some movies to check out wich type of play you like most (link: www.wowmovies.com )

It takes alot of time to level and gear a character to full potantial so be carefull when making a character :-) have fun m8

also go for a pvp server not pve , you can always tranfer to ove if you want to but not from pve to pvp.

"The #1 class for Arena at this time in a Warrior hand down ,followed closely rogue / Priest / Warlock."

The #1 class in 5's is warrior, in 2's and 3's it's Druids that shine the most. I've leveled and played several classes and a Druid is by far the most fun to play and to level (first 20lvls are a pain in the ass untill u get catform).

rofl how can u be such an idiot to write n1 class for arenas is warrior.
u obviously know nothing about warriors
i ll tell u something about what realy means to be a warrior
u are palying the most nerfed class
u can t beat anyone on a 1v1 duel
u easily get ganked u have no escape options
when u lvl and something goes wrong with the pull u die because u can t heal urself and u cna t escape the mobs
when u do instances noone wants u in except for a tank and tbh lvling fearal druns amke a 10x the tank a lvling fury/ms warrior does
and now back to the topic
ofc there is arena
and over and over ppl come with their *statistics* saying how widely used the warrior class is etc etc etc imba wariror etc etc
but the simple truth these retards can t seem to get is the following
warrior is in 3/4 5v5 teams simply because he has 1 skill called mortal strike
that skill does a -50% healing done debuff on the warriors target
this is single most puwerfull debuff in the game probably
and yes becaus of 1 skill
warrior is the shittiest class in wow
warriors have 0 survuivability
warriors have bad dmg output and average burst dmg
warriors can only do good dmg on cloth/leather wearers whereas any spelldmg class will pwn no matter what the armour value might be
warriorshave only 2 ways to get out off cc
1 in berserker rage which breaks sap/gouge and fear 30 sec cd
the other is his trinket with 2 min cd
and i ll say it again warriors only have 1 talent build for pvp (arms)
and when u go duel same geared/skilled other classes the outcome is this
u will lose if u duel these classes
priest (shadow and disc/shadow)
shaman (all talent builds)
paladin (all talent builds)
hunter (all talent builds)
rogue (mutilate or shadowstep)
warrior (protection)
warlock (all talent builds)
mage (frost and fire(although fire is a bit more balanced))
druid (all talent builds)
this should help u understand just how nerfed class warrior is simply because of 1 skill he has
for the record i am not making this stuff up it s the simple truth
and anyone who says that "The #1 class for Arena at this time in a Warrior hand down" is a retarded fuck that knows nothing about the game and reads way too much statistics at sk

rofl how can u be such an idiot to write n1 class for arenas is warrior.
u obviously know nothing about warriors
i ll tell u something about what realy means to be a warrior
u are playing the most nerfed class
u can t beat anyone in a 1v1 duel
u easily get ganked u have no escape options
when u lvl and something goes wrong with the pull u die because u can t heal urself and u can t escape the mobs
when u do instances noone wants u in except for a tank and tbh lvling fearal drus make10x the tank a lvling fury/ms warrior does
and now back to the topic
ofc there is arena
and over and over ppl come with their *statistics* saying how widely used the warrior class is etc etc etc imba wariror etc etc
but the simple truth these retards can t seem to get is the following
warrior is in 3/4 5v5 teams simply because he has 1 skill called mortal strike
that skill does a -50% healing done debuff on the warriors target
this is single most puwerfull debuff in the game probably
and yes becaus of 1 skill
warrior is the shittiest class in wow
warriors have 0 survuivability
warriors have bad dmg output and average burst dmg
warriors can only do good dmg on cloth/leather wearers whereas any spelldmg class will pwn no matter what the armour value might be
warriors have only 2 ways to get out off cc
1 is berserker rage which breaks sap/gouge and fear 30 sec cd
the other is his trinket with 2 min cd
warriors have the worst crowd control and spell interuptions out of all classes
and i ll say it again
warriors only have 1 talent build for pvp (arms)
and when u go duel same geared/skilled other classes the outcome is this
u will lose if u duel these classes:
priest (shadow and disc/shadow)
shaman (all talent builds)
paladin (all talent builds)
hunter (all talent builds)
rogue (mutilate or shadowstep)
warrior (protection)
warlock (all talent builds)
mage (frost and fire(although fire is a bit more balanced))
druid (all talent builds)
this should help u understand just how nerfed class warrior is simply because of 1 skill he has
for the record i am not making this stuff up it s the simple truth
and anyone who says that "The #1 class for Arena at this time in a Warrior hand down" is a retarded fuck that knows nothing about the game and reads way too much statistics at sk

less QQ more pew pew.

On a serious note, warriors are the most represented class in Arena.
Duels are for scrubs. Do not bring class balance based on duels. If thats the case, healing class > all

I'll tell you what it really means to be an enhancement shaman in arena.
You are playing the most gimped class since BC release.
You easily get kited and have no way to close the gap.
We have no CC/Anti-CC and don't you dare bring up lolclaw totem.
When you do instances, no one wants you unless you're resto.
Oh and there is also arena.
Enhancement shamans are simply in 3/4 5v5 because of...oh wait there are no enhancement shamans in arena. Not 2s or 3s and wow! not even in 5s bracket.
Enhancement shamans is the gimpiest class in wow.
Windfury? lol its like tickling them with the amount of stamina all class have compared to original WoW.
Enhancement shamans are the shittiest class in WoW.
Enhancement shamans have 0 survivability.
Enhancement shamans rely on luck for their windfury proc and even then its an average burst at best.
Enhancement shamans have only 2..I mean 0 ways to get out of CC.
You will lose if you duel these classes:
Actually Ill list the classes I won't lose to because its shorter.
Resto and elemental shamans.
^THIS. should help you understand how much of a gimped class shamans are.
For the record, I am not making this stuff up. It's the simple truth.
And anyone who says that "The #1 class in arena is enhancement shamans because I will simply redirect you to the SK-stats to count enhancement shamans.
Yes its that small that its countable.

C WUT I DID THAR?

ah your on US ignore the servers i told you :P i heard Tura is one hell of a server in US atm , but i dont know for sure tough.

check out some pvp forums and research them before rolling into one , like how are the queues server population etc etc.

Your correct that BG9 is THE Battlegroup for PVP :-)

Classes, imo if your friend has an account ask him to play - maybe he has some alts so you can try it out. As you have GW experience you will notice some important stuff.
Every class has strong points and weak points - often ppl what play their class look at the weak points and forget their strong ones - ask your friend and from his input choose your class (you like healing, you like control, you like melee dps etc.).
Lock is a good and strong class, even if ppl atm whine vs 2 melee teams in 3v3 or DroodRogs in 5v5 which train/zerg the lock - but you have to be aware that you will be often a focussed target.
WOW changes with patches - Metagame dictates the classsetups etc.; certain classes or offspecs have it harder and require a specific setup and sometimes even more important the guts to try them out.

kume_V pls dont talk so much bullshit... hunter = aimshot also 50% redu healingeffct

and if u know to play the warri u will fuck them all :) and duells ... is for dropshitnubs

i started playing wow from chinese beta and still playing it i used to play some guildwars over the years but it wasent such a chalenge :D w0w

Again the #1 class for 2s 3s or 5s is warrior atm agree that 2s warrior needs a druid
But in 3s you can run diffrent succesfull comps like warrior rogue / healer
In 5s you are 95% needed overal in any comp , so for arena The Warrior is #1 class to be period

Druid (restro) is the Flavor of the Month atm , but seeing paladins got nerfed due to warrior paladin being the strongest 2v2 comp it wont take long before blizzard nerfs my restro druid also :P

Just pick a class you have the most synergy with m8 , i keep reroling classes to try and kep myself busy not to get bored and after 6 classes to 70 i can tell you that for PVP the Warrior is an excelent choice to start with and if you like casters alot then i think a mage is alot of fun to level but very hard to master in arena.

Dont let people pick the class for you , just check some movies and pick the class you like most :+)

Biggest tip you can recieve when starting is look at racial talents. Your not new to MMO's so you should get the general jist of what each class does and how it performs, watch a few movies and get a feel for it and decide what you want to then invest your time in.

In my opinion I don't really think you will last long on the game by playing something someone recommends, I was recommended hunter back when WoW was released, i got bored, quit after hitting 60 and finally rerolled rogue 2.5 years ago and haven't looked back.

i ended up rolling a bloodelf paladin on shattered hand, lvl 40 right now. Hoping pally gets buffed

GloryField, be prepared to start gathering Holy Gear at 70. Paladins really don't have any other choice if they want to be successful at arena, being ultimate plate-armor healers with so many support spells.

hope not the pally gets a boost,becouse he is fucking imo.....Retribution pala is insane fast dmg and a very nice dmg....In other hand Pally is a great healer and a good tank so they dont need a boost...But i will be happy in LoTLK if there is a HoT(heal over time) for a pala...their missing that

agree!

I am playing GW and the pvp there is much better than in WoW , there u just need skill.You can have only 8 skills in ur bar which makes it a lot harder for u to choose the right build , not like having 234432432 skills and u can use them all the time

« Previous1Next »

Partners In Win big ben Mionix