Top navigation Players Media Awards Partners About
Change skin White Black
Partners Intel Medion ASRock Kingston Gamed.de

TOPIC

« Previous1Next »
Can Moon win WCG 2010?

WCR reports that top3 players from last year will not have to go through qualifiers in order to participate in the Lan finals in LA this year. That means that Infi,Fly and Lyn get the auto-invitation.

Does this mean China get's only 1 more spot? I guess in that case it's gonna come down to sai,ted and sky.

Also, thinks are looking good for Moon, as Lyn will not be in the qualifiers. Not saying it's gonna be easy for him, but having lyn out of the picture is going to help.

Anyway, could this possibly be Moon's year? Can he finally add the WCG title to his collection? This could very well be his last chance. GL Moon

It will be the last chance for everyone. Remind, Who, Soccer, th000, they all said they want to win WCG more than anything. Especially the Koreans want to finally win it :D
Even without Lyn the Korean qualifier will be ridiculous.

Moon will win WCG 2035.

Infi, Fly and Lyn don't get an automatic bye into the global finals, they still have to compete in the national finals, it's the local preliminaries (qualifier for the qualifier) that they get to skip.

maby

shagrath wrote:
Infi, Fly and Lyn don't get an automatic bye into the global finals, they still have to compete in the national finals, it's the local preliminaries (qualifier for the qualifier) that they get to skip.

Oh that's true... Just read the news again. As long as moon doesn't face 5 orcs he should be good in the qualifiers though...

gwt_ds_carw wrote:
shagrath wrote:

Oh that's true... Just read the news again. As long as moon doesn't face 5 orcs he should be good in the qualifiers though...

The single elimination is the real killer in the Korean qualifier =(
That he should be able to beat Soccer, Who etc. is a given, but it's still all orcs and mirrors, anything can happen.

FunPlayer wrote:

The single elimination is the real killer in the Korean qualifier =(
That he should be able to beat Soccer, Who etc. is a given, but it's still all orcs and mirrors, anything can happen.

Well ofc...anything can happen in the Korean qualifiers, i just think that moon tends too be much stronger than anyone in mirror ever since the archer/talon + tri-hero had started, even with remind and soccer currently playing insanely well...Who,Focus and co are still a major threat as well, so you can never be sure...
It's my right to dream :D

I really hope Moon wil win.

wc3 ending with a wcg win of moon would be a fitting end!

eventhough i could imagine grubby as a three times wcg winner to end the era of wc3 :D

Jubei wrote:
wc3 ending with a wcg win of moon would be a fitting end!

eventhough i could imagine grubby as a three times wcg winner to end the era of wc3 :D

Aye...I could live with that :D

Grubby winning WCG 2010 lol I think I'll kill myself if that happens.

Grubby the ORC OF KING!!!!111

Moon winning with TED in second place and TH000 in third place I think would reflect the performance during the last year. Orc've won so much so not having any orc in WCG top 3 would just be perfectly fair. Now this probl wont happen but anyway, gl to everyone

FunPlayer wrote:
Grubby winning WCG 2010 lol I think I'll kill myself if that happens.

well, one more reason to root for grubby :D

Facts about WCG:

-Koreans have never won WCG in Warcraft 3, the closest being Zacard and Moon (2005 and 2008) whom both lost to Grubby in the finals
-No undead player has ever won WCG, nor made it to the top 2 (Happy is the only one who reached 3rd place in 2008)
-SKY and Grubby are the only player who won WCG twice, but Sky almost had a 3rd WCG gold in a row during 2007 by losing to Creo

matthew-manhorn wrote:
Facts about WCG:

-Koreans have never won WCG in Warcraft 3, the closest being Zacard and Moon (2005 and 2008) whom both lost to Grubby in the finals
-No undead player has ever won WCG, nor made it to the top 2 (Happy is the only one who reached 3rd place in 2008)
-SKY and Grubby are the only player who won WCG twice, but Sky almost had a 3rd WCG gold in a row during 2007 by losing to Creo

Sky was Creo sure was smth :D

if moon wins WCG that would be in style but having the fact that there is so much presure at him for winning this tittle will make his road harder. I really hope that some korean will win WCG this year.

I think WCG 2010 will be so interesting because there are not favourites this time (imho). The fact Lyn will be autoinvited is not important for Moon, his latest results between them show he can beat Lyn again (maybe this is better for ReMinD or SocceR).

I remember korea and china had both 3 slots last year, so this year china will have only 1 slot and 2 for korea ( if Lyn, Fly and Infi will be autoinvited) , thats right ?

well, If this is true, I hope Sky or TeD will qualify; Moon and SocceR for Korea :)

There's no auto invitation for WCG... They just get to play in a higher round of the regional qualis, dunno which one exactly.

He can do it !! A beautiful finish to his astonish career..

When he´s fully concentrated and in optimal shape,no one,I repeat no one,can beat Moon in bo3.
I sure hope he wins WCG cause thats the only thing that is missing to him.And although Im not one of his fans,Moon IS the best player of this game,slightly better than rest of the world.
gl Moon

« Previous1Next »

Partners In Win big ben Mionix