Top navigation Players Media Awards Partners About
Change skin White Black
Partners Intel Medion ASRock Kingston Gamed.de

TOPIC

« Previous1Next »
ex-WoW pro wins SC2 Zotac, beats nightend hasu etc

I'm still not sure what this forum makes of SC2 but i know you won't read a WoW column like the one i posted today. I just wondered what people make of a player from a so-called skill-less game bashing WC3 pros at SC2. Does it mean anything? Is it too early? Or do you not give a shit about SC2 anyway? I'm genuinely interested and not trying to troll/start flames.

 

did he play zerg ? ^^

 

zayl wrote:
did he play zerg ? ^^


I actually don't know. He isn't on MSN much these days so i just got the results from Zotac site.

 

Just cause WoW requires very little skill doesn't mean only idiots play it.

 

Zechs wrote:
I'm still not sure what this forum makes of SC2 but i know you won't read a WoW column like the one i posted today. I just wondered what people make of a player from a so-called skill-less game bashing WC3 pros at SC2. Does it mean anything? Is it too early? Or do you not give a shit about SC2 anyway? I'm genuinely interested and not trying to troll/start flames.


It only proves one thing: You can be skilled and play a skill-less game.

 

Cheebah wrote:
Just cause WoW requires very little skill doesn't mean only idiots play it.


Exactly

 

Btw, I've never followed the WoW scene so i have to ask: how long since that guy had quit the game? Who knows what he has been doing afterwards. He might have been playing SCII 20 hours a day, while wc3 players still have their clan/league obligations
I think that the wc3 pro's have the initial advantage due to the fact that SCII is also an RTS, but the game has been out( beta version at least) only for a short period of time. These early wins mean nothing. The wc3 players are doing good so far, but none of them have gotten to a level where they are superior to the rest. In terms of SCII, everybody is still a noob. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy Orly loses in the first or second round of the next zotac(same goes for any wc3 player).

Anywho, I am curious to see what is to become of the SC BW scene. Are the SC pro's gonna switch to SC II?

 

gwt_ds_carw wrote:
Btw, I've never followed the WoW scene so i have to ask: how long since that guy had quit the game? Who knows what he has been doing afterwards. He might have been playing SCII 20 hours a day, while wc3 players still have their clan/league obligations
I think that the wc3 pro's have the initial advantage due to the fact that SCII is also an RTS, but the game has been out( beta version at least) only for a short period of time. These early wins mean nothing. The wc3 players are doing good so far, but none of them have gotten to a level where they are superior to the rest. In terms of SCII, everybody is still a noob. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy Orly loses in the first or second round of the next zotac(same goes for any wc3 player).

Anywho, I am curious to see what is to become of the SC BW scene. Are the SC pro's gonna switch to SC II?


Yeah he quit a few months ago now and was playing SC1 pretty much 24/7. Still, i just think it's interesting given the attitude that most WC3 fans have towards WoW. As for SC pros, i dunno. I was speaking to Mouz's Korean WoW team at IEM and their guy said that a lot of SC players are sick of KeSPA and might switch just to piss them off. Don't quote that though, it was a really difficult conversation since his English was "okay" :P

 

It just seems that the SC community in Korea is very strong, and has been strong inspite of the advent of WC3, so I think that it could survive the appearence of SC II as well. The situation is different this time, however since SC II is obviously an expansion for SC: BW. Who knows...time will tell.

Maybe China will embrace WC3 in the same way Korea had embraced SC? It would be kinda cool if WC3 could stay alive in China, even though it would never be the same.

I myself think that WC3 for instance takes a lot more skill than WoW, but it also takes different kind of skill. Although, having played wow since it's realease up till december 2009(with a few minor and major breaks in between), and being a huge fan of the warcraft lore, I've never payed too much attention to arena play. World pvp(if anyone remembers what that is), AB/WSG and PvE were interesting for me, so I can't rly say too much about the lvl of skill involved with the arena.

 

Well its too early to predict man. Beta is out for only few weeks, so what is supposed to mean "beat Hasuobs and co". They are playing and researching new game just like him. I dont think their wc3 skills count there. Check also killed some SC1 pros, so it means nothing. It looks like we all have equal chances to become good.

 

It only proves one thing: You can be skilled and play a skill-less game.

Agreed.

Also WoW has a lot of players would be a surprise if none of the wow players would be successful in sc2

 

So a player with the intent to train for sc2 (playing months of sc) won players who prolly did not touch starcraft for 10 years on top of playing war3 profesionally still ,cool story bro.

The equalvilant is like a golfer training hard and claims hes pro by beating micheal jordan at golf.

WoW has nothing to do with it when he already quit the game for so long.

You are free to make another post about WoW players owning it up when a current Pro WoW player (that actually still plays it as main) tears shit up

srsly

 


« Previous1Next »

Partners In Win big ben Mionix