Top navigation Players Media Awards Partners About
Change skin White Black
Partners Intel Medion ASRock Kingston Gamed.de

TOPIC

« Previous1Next »
Dowaq quits Warcraft 3

Blademaster: Another UD bites the dust!

 

It's almost as funny as it is pathetic. If you read the interviews with (former) Wc3 pros going crazy about the Sc2 beta, everything that was bad in wc3 according to them is due to Orc...

Always the same strategies - Orc
No macro - Orc
Imbalance - Orc
Item luck - Orc
Same race wins all tournaments - Orc

But good that retards like schnulle and hawki defend their race and the game to its death. Literately.

 

Always the same strategies - Orc -> and elf vs orc
No macro - Orc -> actually i think orc has to macro most of any race since burrows fall down in a stiff breeze. Maybe equal with nightelf wisps.
Imbalance - Orc -> well, blademaster ;)
Item luck - Orc -> item luck goes for every race, it's just that BM is usually gets the most benefit (USUALLY)
Same race wins all tournaments - Orc -> well, most, yeah.

 

What do burrows have to do with macro? Macro is expanding, multitasking, forming strategies, adapting and so on. Orc might need multitasking, but harassing with Windwalk while attack moving 800 hp units into creeps is nothing compared to split ghul creeping or having a Warden in an Ud base.

And yeah, Blader gets the item benefits. I often said it, but these days item luck for non-orcs means the Blademaster doesn't find claws and circlets :D

 

To me, macro means managing your army and base at the same time so burrows are a big part of that. That's why i put wisps in the same category. Human and undead require totally different macro and if an undead builds his base right on some maps he barely has to macro at all, except for building units. I won't mention human towers ;)

 

Split army is a good point though (edit button...). Like you said, microing grunts vs creeps is really easy and since BM is almost invulnerable at tier 1 (except vs DH or MK) then that kind of macroing it is kind of a joke

 

True, producing, mostly in fights, is also macro. But I still don't see why watching your burrows or wisps is macro. If those are in danger your macro failed, basically :D

 

You can't stop a guy getting into your base unless you camp it the whole game. When they do turn up to harass, you need to macro your peons/wisps. I'm talking about swapping them to the goldmine, using wells etc or repairing your burrows/putting peons inside.

 

wow zechs you look so gay on that pic :]

 

huma wrote:
wow zechs you look so gay on that pic :]


That must be why you're smiling about it ;) But sorry, i'm already taken.

 

Zechs wrote:
You can't stop a guy getting into your base unless you camp it the whole game. When they do turn up to harass, you need to macro your peons/wisps. I'm talking about swapping them to the goldmine, using wells etc or repairing your burrows/putting peons inside.


What you just described is clearly micro. But the idea behind that harrasment is macro

 

FunPlayer wrote:
What do burrows have to do with macro? Macro is expanding, multitasking, forming strategies, adapting and so on. Orc might need multitasking, but harassing with Windwalk while attack moving 800 hp units into creeps is nothing compared to split ghul creeping or having a Warden in an Ud base.

And yeah, Blader gets the item benefits. I often said it, but these days item luck for non-orcs means the Blademaster doesn't find claws and circlets :D


Multi-tasking can be related to macro, but in general, I think it leans more towards micro.

 

gwt_ds_carw wrote:
FunPlayer wrote:
What do burrows have to do with macro? Macro is expanding, multitasking, forming strategies, adapting and so on. Orc might need multitasking, but harassing with Windwalk while attack moving 800 hp units into creeps is nothing compared to split ghul creeping or having a Warden in an Ud base.

And yeah, Blader gets the item benefits. I often said it, but these days item luck for non-orcs means the Blademaster doesn't find claws and circlets :D


Multi-tasking can be related to macro, but in general, I think it leans more towards micro.


Yeah, that's what I meant, and why I didn't understand Zechs' opinion. Doing multitasking is macro, how you do it is micro.

 

I guess the line is kinda blurred there then. I'm getting at the fact that you have to MICRO your workers when you're out of your base while still MICRO-ing your army. Individually they are micro actions, but together don't they become MACRO? That's the way i see it anyway. Either way, they're both equally important.

 

@Funplayer - Doing multitasking is macro, how you do it is micro.

There we have it! :DD

 

"Multi-tasking can be related to macro, but in general, I think it leans more towards micro."

LOL. Let's say you're expanding, creeping and harassing in the same time. If you do all 3 in the same time equally good, then you had good macro/multi-tasking, these 2 words have the totally same meaning in WC3.
What Zechs said is just the true thing... micro is micro, several micros in different map locations become macro, lol...and by micro you should understand any action that is important, this includes building, scouting etc.

 

I hope you guys see this the same way I do. I have hated orc for several years. Mostly since the introduction of Dota, many many eons ago. I have seen time and time again- Micro heavy orc players who are nothing but Dota noobs lost in ladder.

 

I hope you guys see this the same way I do. I have hated orc for several years. Mostly since the introduction of Dota, many many eons ago. I have seen time and time again- Micro heavy orc players who are nothing but Dota noobs lost in ladder.

 

Damned_ wrote:
"Multi-tasking can be related to macro, but in general, I think it leans more towards micro."

LOL. Let's say you're expanding, creeping and harassing in the same time. If you do all 3 in the same time equally good, then you had good macro/multi-tasking, these 2 words have the totally same meaning in WC3.
What Zechs said is just the true thing... micro is micro, several micros in different map locations become macro, lol...and by micro you should understand any action that is important, this includes building, scouting etc.


Microing in several place doesn't become macro- it's just micro on a higher lvl.Like I said, it's the reason behind ur multi-tasking that can be seen as macro.

And scouting is just flat out NOT micro. Sure, the very action of sending the unit to a spot on the map, that 1 click has some vague connection to micro, but what you're trying to gain from that is macro: Map control, spots that ur enemy's creeping, where your enemy is heading, unit mix, tech timing, possible expansion to name a few and all these things lead to adaption on your side in terms of aggressiveness and economy and overall strategy. That is clearly macro, not micro

 

No offense, but with that u just explained me how noob u're and what a great paper-professor ;]

 

Yeah,calling someone a noob when u get your mouth shut by arguments is basically all u can do...

''Scouting is micro'' ...and you're calling me a noob?jesus

 

You guys should cut the crap and do your homework!
WC3 is a profession, not a game for random fools with no brain. That's what I learn(ed) from a master of WC3, Grubby himself, whose words of infinite wisdom I Quote: " If you know your own base better than your opponent does, you can gain opportunities to trap him inside. " and also "Make the Tower and your Tech buildings before you train your Hero."
Wise words from this fountain of greatness.


 

Thaison_Gay wrote:
You guys should cut the crap and do your homework!
WC3 is a profession, not a game for random fools with no brain. That's what I learn(ed) from a master of WC3, Grubby himself, whose words of infinite wisdom I Quote: " If you know your own base better than your opponent does, you can gain opportunities to trap him inside. " and also "Make the Tower and your Tech buildings before you train your Hero."
Wise words from this fountain of greatness.



Sounds like he dipped deep into the sea of Ciara's potential. Also he "felt so dwarfed" when he saw Moon play that he blamed imba everytime he lost to him.

And in the game of chess you may never let your adversary see your pieces.

 

May the memories of Wc3 never abondon you. Hjalmar, GL for the rest. You made an impression

 

so ... wasnt this topic about dowaq ?

 

senar wrote:
so ... wasnt this topic about dowaq ?


I like this forum because topics usually go totally wrong after the 2d or 3rd reply. Or the first in this case!

 

zechs is wrong, fun player is right.

micro ist microing singel or groups of units, no matter if its peons repairing, wisps running or grunts a-moving.

MACRO is reference to overall gamplay, like scouting / map control / timed attacks or

for example i SCOUT your fastexpand and switch from normal tech to go 2 rax hunt ap push ap, it is a macro win even if i micro my hunts godlike.

orc has ZERO macro becouse they dont change bos ever, they dont need special strats to gain map controll, they basicly dont even need to scout at all. they are pure "micro", but easy micro ofc bc raider grunt bm is easy to pull of.

 

FunPlayer wrote:
senar wrote:
so ... wasnt this topic about dowaq ?


I like this forum because topics usually go totally wrong after the 2d or 3rd reply. Or the first in this case!


At least it's not another ''Nubby'' thread,Grubby vs Moon, or skill requirements for playing orc

 

gwt_ds_carw wrote:
FunPlayer wrote:
senar wrote:
so ... wasnt this topic about dowaq ?


I like this forum because topics usually go totally wrong after the 2d or 3rd reply. Or the first in this case!


At least it's not another ''Nubby'' thread,Grubby vs Moon, or skill requirements for playing orc


Had to laugh at the time you and ecco posted. But you're TOO LATE.

@ecco: Your forgot spirit link.

 

funny thing is that dowaq never said that orc is imba or anything like that. I agree that orc vs .ud needs to beš fixed but you flame orc imba in every thread.
GL in real live. last ghoul user.

 

Fabozi wrote:
funny thing is that dowaq never said that orc is imba or anything like that. I agree that orc vs .ud needs to beš fixed but you flame orc imba in every thread.
GL in real live. last ghoul user.


http://www.fragster.de/artikel/11181/interview-with-hjalmar-dowaq-hogberg-warcraft-3-is-dead-in-sweden_wc3/

moron

 

FunPlayer wrote:
Fabozi wrote:
funny thing is that dowaq never said that orc is imba or anything like that. I agree that orc vs .ud needs to beš fixed but you flame orc imba in every thread.
GL in real live. last ghoul user.


http://www.fragster.de/artikel/11181/interview-with-hjalmar-dowaq-hogberg-warcraft-3-is-dead-in-sweden_wc3/

moron

He didnt say he would quit warcraft because of it.

 

Fabozi wrote:
FunPlayer wrote:
Fabozi wrote:
funny thing is that dowaq never said that orc is imba or anything like that. I agree that orc vs .ud needs to beš fixed but you flame orc imba in every thread.
GL in real live. last ghoul user.


http://www.fragster.de/artikel/11181/interview-with-hjalmar-dowaq-hogberg-warcraft-3-is-dead-in-sweden_wc3/

moron

He didnt say he would quit warcraft because of it.


"dowaq never said that orc is imba or anything like that"

 

FunPlayer wrote:
Fabozi wrote:
FunPlayer wrote:
Fabozi wrote:
funny thing is that dowaq never said that orc is imba or anything like that. I agree that orc vs .ud needs to beš fixed but you flame orc imba in every thread.
GL in real live. last ghoul user.


http://www.fragster.de/artikel/11181/interview-with-hjalmar-dowaq-hogberg-warcraft-3-is-dead-in-sweden_wc3/

moron

He didnt say he would quit warcraft because of it.

that is what happens when you get furious about flamers. i wrote something else that i thought. The point is dowaq retires and you flame orc.

"dowaq never said that orc is imba or anything like that"

 

Of course, Orc is the reason Wc3 is "dying", even more so than Sc2. You don't see Orcs retiring, do you?

 


« Previous1Next »

Partners In Win big ben Mionix