Top navigation Players Media Awards Partners About
Change skin White Black
Partners Intel Medion ASRock Kingston Gamed.de

TOPIC

« Previous1Next »
In which patch did you start playing Warcraft 3 ladder?

And what race were you playing? and which was the strongest race during that patch?

Just kind of curious since we see so many people complaining about Orc imbalance and I really want to know the "Warcraft age" of the members in this forum

1.14 For me and I was playing Orc, atm UD was the strongest race due to the destroyers since Orcs didn't know how to use grunt rader to counter fiends (before Zacard showed up), and Humans didn't camp and mass towers during the old days. Of course by the time Orc players and their moms play FS as first hero (although I still play FS 1st nowadays)

Night Elf all the way baby, can't remember patch.

Began playing in RoC beta. To me, at my level at least, NE always felt to have an edge due to easier army control and the fact it is easy to predict what will the opponent micro in a battle (thus anticipating it). It's also funnier to play due to their versatility, especially hero wise since TFT and the tavern.

Back in the days, at pro level the first big imba was AoW having fortified armor while uprooted. First pro tourney with Euro and Koreans, there was nearly only that race and strat involved. It was ClickArena Paris (2003?) and DIDI8 ended up winning. Shortly after, when blizz patched the AoW armor, Hu had a big edge overall, and Inso won ChinaHuman in a hu mirror final at WCG 2003.

1.15 going firstly up with Orc (Everyone was stupid when they were younger) Have played Ud since 1.20 though, and been continuivly bothered by how the game has evolved (balance-wise)

Can't remember. I played online for a long time as a noob not caring about patches etc. By the time 1.14 was released I knew about the game and the mechanics.

NE since roc , can't remember what patch was back at the time...

Human since RoC,up till 1.19.From then on-just NE.I've played my first game on bnet in TFT though,shortly after it had been released

Fun imbas in Beta:

- No wisp needed to pump a goldmine. That was really Zerg like expo all over the place lol
- Ultimate at lvl 3, hello targetable starfall
- Wisp could heal units instead of repair mechanic ones
- DH burn at 100/200/300 (that was there in RoC too)
- Mask of Death stack with Critical Strike (LOL)

My first ladder games were in 1.12, but that was usually Dh or Beastmaster with random units. Then came 1.14 and it was Dh with boots and circlets all the way with bear dryads or hunts archer dotts. Then came 1.15 beta and the new AMM, Warden, mass summons and mass ladder games.

I started to play ladder in 1.14 or 1.15 (RT). I played Human in the beginning but switched to Orc later and then I switched to Elf and then I switched back to Orc. :p
I started to play solo in 1.17 or 1.18 with Orc!

well it was witch ROC, I don't remember the patch.

geek_nd wrote:
well it was witch ROC, I don't remember the patch.

"edit" : before TFT ofc

I started playing ladder since 1.20 with NE, then switched to undead because i liked how madfrog used gargs why was i so stupid:/

night elf

Began roc at 2003, ok started laddering at 2004 with elf (cos liked imba mass archer strat in rt), switched to orc in 2005, and went strait to undead it was 1.17 i think ( cos i really liked fov's and vankors ghoul style :) ). Now i still play UD in the oldschool ghoul way :). I play for fun not for win, so i do not abuse best strats, but most fun ones .

Started with orc in 1.16 or 7, can't remember. Switched to random pretty much straight away since i got raped by elf so bad back then (i still suck in that MU from both sides).

i was elf in roc when i started playing in 1.04 patch, cuz i liked intox style when he owned CPL in Cannes :) in 1.10 versione i made mistake of my life and started UD cuz i thought they are the strongest race and now i cry about that desistion...too late to switch and ud is weakest...Until FroG and co come back with some new style :D ted,space and happy sucks

human since 1.17 or early 1.18

Started with NE, in ROC, around patch 1.03 or 1.04

Gotta love how DH's mana burn was 100/200/300 coupled with wisp detonate draining 100 instead of 50.

i started seriously 1.14 when p-a-u-l aka zacard showed up some nice moves ;)
but i was orc from old roc times till i "retired" i can really remember these fuckin imba destros or human rifle priest stategies... or elf bm mass hunts mass expo style=)
man back in the days wc3 was so funny and you could play 20000 games and it didnt get boring... sad times now.. every1 playing the same cookiecutter strat.

can't remember exactly what patch I started, cause I played campaing & Lan for a long time befoer I got into battle.net.. played human back in the days, 1.14 might get close to my start at bnet. I always thougt elf is quit imba until recently when orc became the most imba.

Patch 1.12

1.03 i think.. when dryads still had siege attack

bomba6ko wrote:
gwt_ds_carw wrote:
Human since RoC,up till 1.19.From then on-just NE.I've played my first game on bnet in TFT though,shortly after it had been released

Time to buy a keyboard.

haha exactly geek_nd :D this guy keeps on quoitng somebody

Wc3 since release. Early idols were THAGOR(first german orc who was able to be #1 @ the highly competitive west realm), tillerman(hi top10 postion with peon icon), mtw.tak3r(unique style), hazeem(most creativ orc ever)
+ dayfly(needless to say anything)

Schnuggles wrote:
Wc3 since release. Early idols were THAGOR(first german orc who was able to be #1 @ the highly competitive west realm), tillerman(hi top10 postion with peon icon), mtw.tak3r(unique style), hazeem(most creativ orc ever)
+ dayfly(needless to say anything)

Yeah, Thagor owned big time. He was in the first replay I've ever seen on some other dude's PC. I then leeched some more replays from that guy. Lots of nation's cup stuff. IntoX vs some other german orc. He lost almost all of his base, then spawned 5 chimaeras and won. That's when I fell in love with competitive Wc3. I didn't even have my own internet back then. Dling replays on the family PC and carrying them over with a disk lol.

The great German 2on2 teams of old, Thagor & Fire, Dan & DalaiLamer and my personal favorites Pagan & Zyrano.

I used to play Undead in RoC, though that was only vs the computer or friends. We used to make a 4 or 6 man LAN basically every month back then. I played the dreaded DL fiends combo, with wyrms later on. I could never win open fights vs my friend who played Potm cause I didn't know sleep cancels Starfall. That's why I invented the Meat Waggon zeppelin drop. He might win the battles, but in the mean time he lost all of his base.

I started to ladder in 1.12. Beastmaster or Dh with freshly buffed bears and dryads. A good time to learn the game. I switched to elf somewhere at the end of RoC cause I loved hippo-riders and TFT brought the mountain giants...

dash wrote:
1.03 i think.. when dryads still had siege attack

wtf Dryads had siege dmg? :S like raiders/catas????

As far as I remember, Dryads never had siege attack

My first game in wc3 was with Night Elf in the early Roc days so probably my first ladder game was with Elf too.I can't remember the patch really

hostilepulse wrote:
As far as I remember, Dryads never had siege attack

My first game in wc3 was with Night Elf in the early Roc days so probably my first ladder game was with Elf too.I can't remember the patch really

Yea cant remember that either, but might be... AP had siege dmg for a long time though.

« Previous1Next »

Partners In Win big ben Mionix