Top navigation Players Media Awards Partners About
Change skin White Black
Partners Intel Medion ASRock Kingston Gamed.de

TOPIC

« Previous1Next »
Concept of Warcraft IV

What you would you do better if you would be the concept developer of the oh so mighty game Warcraft, and was able to make help with the concept of the fourth version?
Like; what would you remove/add.

remove:
-orc
-human's towers
- orb of venom,drys
(i'm a human player and i'm pretty annoyed about human playstyle - like no one plays t3 mirrors and so on, only this fucked towers -.-)

Wow,this is an interesting topic...Difficult as well...Trying to stay true to the fanbase,and yet create smth totally new to attract even more ppl and ispire the core gamers to keep playing.

Zayl,you're talking about a patch for wc3,not a sequel to the game.While we're at it,you're a bit to radical.
Orc doesn't need to be removed,the bm needs to be nerfed,are new maps have to be introduced.Working on the item drops on certain maps would have a major effect as well.Ensnare duration also could be reduced imo.
Orb of venom...Hmmm...I guess the duration of the poison could be reduced.Dryads...Please...60xp per unit?What more do you want?Towers need not to be removed,just watch some older replays of how insomnia made short work of sky everytime the latter tried his magnificinet sky-pushes with tri-hero,mortars,knights,priests...

Back to the topic:what I would like to see is a good single player campaign to begin with.Although,this could be a bit troublesome as it could converge with the WoW story...Pretty tough again.

All of the things that I'd mention wouldn't be enough to create an entirely new game,but rather form a sizeable patch for wc3...

I see so many people say to remove Orc. But it's ridicilious. I mean, that would ruïn the game actually, instead of making it better. But of course the Orc could be updated in a more far way. Like you are saying gwt_ds_carw, reducing the duration time of the ensnare plus a more balanced BM, that would make the game already a lot better.

Of course changing the graphics is just a normal update for a new game, but that should still be called.
New maps should be introduced. There should be a lot more better maps, cause most of the maps aren't even played. Well to many maps to introduce to a map pool is of course boring, but having a larger map pool would make the game more difficult even for better players.

I think warcraft 3 is one of the best games ever.. would be sad to have a new wc4 that could just fail (as css). I mean the graphics are ok (making them better would only cause trouble and not be the same anymore).

what would be awesome could be a new expansion.. so blizzard can get some money (the only thing they care about) introduce maybe a new race "naga".. balance the game more, add some new tavern heroes, new maps, and update the game again and again... just a dream

You're actually telling me that you would like to play another game :P There are games that have these things.
It wouldn't make Warcraft better, but you you would create a new game. :)

masaa87 wrote:
I think warcraft 3 is one of the best games ever.. would be sad to have a new wc4 that could just fail (as css). I mean the graphics are ok (making them better would only cause trouble and not be the same anymore).

what would be awesome could be a new expansion.. so blizzard can get some money (the only thing they care about) introduce maybe a new race "naga".. balance the game more, add some new tavern heroes, new maps, and update the game again and again... just a dream

Adding another race would just mess up the balance even further...But basically,I like your idea of another expansion to wc3

remove:

- Blademaster

add:

some more elves like;

Bloodelves
Darkelves

some other races;

Terrans...

Basically WC4 in the future would rock.

Warcraft3 dont need an expansion, wc3 is already the perfect game

ixion wrote:
Warcraft3 dont need an expansion, wc3 is already the perfect game

an expansion could be made to combine the coming battlenet 2 with wc3 :X .. and who would say no to 1 new hero for each race, 4 new tavern heroes.. plenty of new maps and frequent patches? ..

masaa87 wrote:

I think same !!

But maybe they should make some updates so that the game won't die (not that it will, but there is a chance of)

remove farseer, and archmage! improve graphic!

i would give a 1.25 nerf patch to the wc3 tft community

I would make it so that the more unit of a kind you have the more food each one takes. That would promote a lot more mixes and demote massing...

I would also like to see way more units and buildings in each race, but you would have to setup your tech tree with only a subset of them beforehand. Like building a MTG deck / sidedeck somehow, maybe have drafts too... I think that adds a layer of strategical depth... It also in the end leaves a lot of balance management to the players and to the metagame.

I would definitely keep TP and upkeep, which imho are 2 great strategical elements which I will miss a lot in SC2. I like upkeep because you have to read your opponent's game on that matter and because it opens for comebacks... If you are weaker, you somehow have a counterpart to it. In SC2, with the yellow minerals, it is the opposite. Basically, if you are stronger, you will get the yellow expo which will make you even stronger...

Ho and plz ADD KILL COUNTERS on units like in SC ;)

A new race maybe? Or new heroes and units and better graphics. new maps too! :D

Dranei or Naga would be really cool :)

basically I think new races, new hero´s and more epic songs, love wc3 music, it´s so great :)

Camel race imo

« Previous1Next »

Partners In Win big ben Mionix