Top navigation Players Media Awards Partners About
Change skin White Black
Partners Intel Medion ASRock Kingston Gamed.de

TOPIC

« Previous1Next »
MYM reveals new Team member 'Shami'

In times of P(atch)ro Orcs winning each and every tournament, MYM has the courage to sign a Korean Nightelf player, unknown to most of the community.

Statement from Yong Hwan 'Shami' Suhr:

"This is my first time joining pro team so I'm very excited and it's an honor for me to be mym member. I appriciate it to puma, mym. I will try to show my best for the team."

Statement from Dominic 'SuNNy' Bouga (MYM Team Manager):

"Today we announce for many a kind of weird step. But let me explain you the situation and background of this addition. Shami is probably unknown for most of you, but he is actually the best amateur player in Korea. Showing great results so far hasn't helped him step into the pro business. But we as MYM decided not to pick up another star player, but give a young and talented guy the chance to improve with training and playing in league situations. The guy really showed us in the very first conversation that he is willing to break through his amateur image into the level of the worlds best and I am really sure he has the potential for it. Also the upcoming WCIP Season was a reason we were searching for a player fitting our plans so we can play in fair conditions and dont display arrogance towards other teams. I hope Shami pays back the trust we put into him and shows you guys aswell how he will kick ass in the future. Be careful of the new MYM talent Shami! I want to thank our sponsors, especially Puma, for making the step possible."


 

According to RemInd, Shami is one of his mates and has apparently beaten a few experience gamers in custom games as well as ladder.

 

mmmm I think he´s not bad but...if he joins MYM he had been training a lot maybe ... he played @last XPL if I´m not wrong...

http://w3g.replays.net/doc/cn/2009-8-18/12506307349250059202.html
http://w3g.replays.net/doc/cn/2009-8-18/12506276787843731732.html

should be nice if he plays new WC3L season !

 

Malystryx wrote:
According to RemInd, Shami is one of his mates and has apparently beaten a few experience gamers in custom games as well as ladder.


Good to know, that excludes the possibility of him being a Korean Toad.
Alas, some new elf talent is growing, moonfans + his buddy, now this shami guy.

 

Well since this game is now all about elf and orc its not exactly a surprise.

If a new and good undead who can win tournaments would've arrived I'd clap my hands.

 

Zoldot wrote:
Well since this game is now all about elf and orc its not exactly a surprise.

If a new and good undead who can win tournaments would've arrived I'd clap my hands.


Wont happen. Ted has already pushed that race to the limit. He and Happy having the best micro on the planet, and Ted has found many new strategies in the past year. Nerf Orc and Undeads will spread.

 

Thaison_Gay wrote:
Zoldot wrote:
Well since this game is now all about elf and orc its not exactly a surprise.

If a new and good undead who can win tournaments would've arrived I'd clap my hands.


Wont happen. Ted has already pushed that race to the limit. He and Happy having the best micro on the planet, and Ted has found many new strategies in the past year. Nerf Orc and Undeads will spread.


Buffing Ud casters, or rather necromancers a bit, maybe just by giving unholy frenzy autocast, would change a lot imo, spice up the game a bit. Ofc combined with an orc nerf.

 

pSe_eSp wrote:
mmmm I think he´s not bad but...if he joins MYM he had been training a lot maybe ... he played @last XPL if I´m not wrong...

http://w3g.replays.net/doc/cn/2009-8-18/12506307349250059202.html
http://w3g.replays.net/doc/cn/2009-8-18/12506276787843731732.html

should be nice if he plays new WC3L season !


Thx for the link.I am really curios

 

FunPlayer wrote:
Thaison_Gay wrote:
Zoldot wrote:
Well since this game is now all about elf and orc its not exactly a surprise.

If a new and good undead who can win tournaments would've arrived I'd clap my hands.


Wont happen. Ted has already pushed that race to the limit. He and Happy having the best micro on the planet, and Ted has found many new strategies in the past year. Nerf Orc and Undeads will spread.


Buffing Ud casters, or rather necromancers a bit, maybe just by giving unholy frenzy autocast, would change a lot imo, spice up the game a bit. Ofc combined with an orc nerf.


U got a point with those ud casters, if they could get buffed, banshees and necros, ud could own :D Casters havent been used, since ... Uhum, never ...

 

Thaison_Gay wrote:
In times of P(atch)ro Orcs winning each and every tournament, MYM has the courage to sign a Korean Nightelf player, unknown to most of the community.

Statement from Yong Hwan 'Shami' Suhr:

"This is my first time joining pro team so I'm very excited and it's an honor for me to be mym member. I appriciate it to puma, mym. I will try to show my best for the team."

Statement from Dominic 'SuNNy' Bouga (MYM Team Manager):

"Today we announce for many a kind of weird step. But let me explain you the situation and background of this addition. Shami is probably unknown for most of you, but he is actually the best amateur player in Korea. Showing great results so far hasn't helped him step into the pro business. But we as MYM decided not to pick up another star player, but give a young and talented guy the chance to improve with training and playing in league situations. The guy really showed us in the very first conversation that he is willing to break through his amateur image into the level of the worlds best and I am really sure he has the potential for it. Also the upcoming WCIP Season was a reason we were searching for a player fitting our plans so we can play in fair conditions and dont display arrogance towards other teams. I hope Shami pays back the trust we put into him and shows you guys aswell how he will kick ass in the future. Be careful of the new MYM talent Shami! I want to thank our sponsors, especially Puma, for making the step possible."



I saw his games against winners and shy today.The one against shy was on EI,right?I can't be quite sure,as I watched it a couple of hours ago.There wasn't much for him to show in that one.Practically no action in it.Although,while we're at it,going archer/talon in elf mirror without a DH is not that smart imo,inspite of it working out for shy in this particular game.Neutralizing the panda could be extremly hard without mana burn.

The one against winners on SV...That was a bit better,he obviously knows what he is doing,has a lot of potential,but has to work very hard to get to pro lvl.Let's not forget he was facing shy and winners,two outstanding players.

I wish him the best of luck.Go shami! :D

 

Hmm...FOX Orc vs MYM Shami would be quite interesting

 


« Previous1Next »

Partners In Win big ben Mionix