Top navigation Players Media Awards Partners About
Change skin White Black
Partners Intel Medion ASRock Kingston Gamed.de

You are here: Home / Forums / Warcraft III / FPVoD
TOPIC

« Previous1Next »
FPVoD

Much to my excitement, someone uploaded a FPVoD of Moon vs Lyn,the ending of the game to be more exact.The quality of the video,however,was dissapointing to say the least.
This led me to thinking about FPVoD's,or the lack there of...Seriously,when was the last time you've seen one?
I am not talking about cameras filming the screen,I am talking about the real deal,recorded by Fraps or any other program of that kind.
Someone made a point in a recent thread that after a while,you just get fed up of those vids,but in my opinion,that's not necessarily true.I for one always enjoy watching this type of vids.1 FPVoD every now and then would be a great addition to the SK-Gaming website if u ask me.
I believe it was Malystrix who pointed out that these Vids take a lot of time to upload.True,but we don't always need to see the entire game.A big fight,or a part filled with multitasking would do the trick,which wouldn't take more than a couple of mins.
What's your opinion?

I agree with you, fpvod's are awesome, I have watched quite a few and it was very instructive. But for some reason you wont see more of these:
1. Wc3 professional games are 75% online (not exactly but close enough). = No Fpvod
2. I'm not into the whole video making stuff but for making fpvods you need to set up the computer before the game. Also you have to make sure the recording process does not interfere the gaming(lags). This means you need a good pc.
3. As we know, some(if not most) tournaments restrict the release of replays, sometimes they are never released which isn't too bad nowadays because you can just watch some other orc mirrors.
4. Even if it sounds weird at first but I think even progamers have a certain interest in holding fpvods back because you can get so much more information from such a video than from a normal replay. They don't fear that noobs copy them but their enemys could analyze their style. Nerds like Grubby would try to get into Moons mindset - it's ugly!
Can't think of other reason right now but I'm sure there are more.

Thaison_Gay wrote:
I agree with you, fpvod's are awesome, I have watched quite a few and it was very instructive. But for some reason you wont see more of these:
1. Wc3 professional games are 75% online (not exactly but close enough). = No Fpvod
2. I'm not into the whole video making stuff but for making fpvods you need to set up the computer before the game. Also you have to make sure the recording process does not interfere the gaming(lags). This means you need a good pc.
3. As we know, some(if not most) tournaments restrict the release of replays, sometimes they are never released which isn't too bad nowadays because you can just watch some other orc mirrors.
4. Even if it sounds weird at first but I think even progamers have a certain interest in holding fpvods back because you can get so much more information from such a video than from a normal replay. They don't fear that noobs copy them but their enemys could analyze their style. Nerds like Grubby would try to get into Moons mindset - it's ugly!

i agree most except last,Moon can watch his fvods too!,it isnt "whole" game,only "big" fights and some gosus moments(like moons zeppelin action)..
i was rly looking forward for fpvod of Moons action when he saved naga & dh on turtle rock!!

Thaison_Gay wrote:

Dunno if you ever tried making one,but I have.If you use Fraps,the setup is pretty minimal:double click on the icon and press a previously set button to start recording.
It also doesn't require an ''imba'' comp,just loads of HD memory.Being pro gamers,they probably use the best possible tools,in this case-the best comp,among the other stuff,so I think there would be no interference with gaming.

Ppl can watch moon's fpvod's all they want,but noone will ever be capable of such multi-tasking and micro.You can't learn much from it,replays are much more suitable for education purposes.
The fact that most games are played online shouldn't be an obstacle.I am positive that wc3 players wouldn't mind making a FPVoD on SK's request.

Malystryx
Malystryx

gwt_ds_carw wrote:
Much to my excitement, someone uploaded a FPVoD of Moon vs Lyn,the ending of the game to be more exact.The quality of the video,however,was dissapointing to say the least.
This led me to thinking about FPVoD's,or the lack there of...Seriously,when was the last time you've seen one?
I am not talking about cameras filming the screen,I am talking about the real deal,recorded by Fraps or any other program of that kind.
Someone made a point in a recent thread that after a while,you just get fed up of those vids,but in my opinion,that's not necessarily true.I for one always enjoy watching this type of vids.1 FPVoD every now and then would be a great addition to the SK-Gaming website if u ask me.
I believe it was Malystrix who pointed out that these Vids take a lot of time to upload.True,but we don't always need to see the entire game.A big fight,or a part filled with multitasking would do the trick,which wouldn't take more than a couple of mins.
What's your opinion?

tbh I thought people wouldnt want only a minute, but I can set the camera to HD+ so it will be more clear if people are really interested to see it. BUT it will never be as clear as if it was recorded from the PC via fraps.

Good to know but can you as an insider tell us why we don't get to see more fpvods?

Just saw moon vs focus g3 on TR.I know the FPVoD would have required a shitload of memory,but god damn,it's a crime we will never be able to see 50 mins of impossible multi-tasking

Just saw moon vs focus g3 on TR.I know the FPVoD would have required a shitload of memory,but god damn,it's a crime we will never be able to see 50 mins of impossible multi-tasking

Malystryx
Malystryx

gwt_ds_carw wrote:

I did what I could!! those were already like 150-200mb each. and to record the whole thing would use up a good part of the battery of the camera, so then I cant video other stuff after :(

I made some of them HD+ just for you after your last request ;

Malystryx wrote:
gwt_ds_carw wrote:

I did what I could!! those were already like 150-200mb each. and to record the whole thing would use up a good part of the battery of the camera, so then I cant video other stuff after :(

I made some of them HD+ just for you after your last request ;

buy one more camera :D

« Previous1Next »

Partners In Win big ben Mionix