Top navigation Players Media Awards Partners About
Change skin White Black
Partners Intel Medion ASRock Kingston Gamed.de

TOPIC

« Previous1Next »
SK made wrong decision?

As we all can see, SK is not doing too well in WC3L, losing 3 out of 5 matches currently ranked 7th. MichaeL might a talent or whatever but he's not providing the results SK needs to compete with the top. Lyn can't win every clan war alone. So my question to you is, do you think SK should have kept ReiGn? He seems to be on fire at the moment, ranked 1st with 6 wins out of 6 matches and only 2 maps lost. Together with Lyn, SK would have been a top contender for the finals, this way they will probably end up in the middle.

/discuss

*shrug*

Things change?

Personally, I'm working on improving my wc3 game to get my name out there. No pain no game, right?

but is WC3L as important as it was before? For me I think given the new formats, the NGL ONE 1on1 is the bigger deal. WC3 is bigger than the WC3L but indeed it is dissapointing to have started badly.

but with Reign Sk could own at Wc3l AND have 2 favorites for every solo tournament.
Right now Sk approach towards wc3l is no effort, no results.

as FunPlayer already said, it's better to have 2 top players playing under the SK tag. They would own team leagues AND have 2 solid players for the solo tournaments. There's no way MichaeL will be invited to solo tournaments in the next time, whereas ReiGn won't have too many problems with his current results i think.

Maybe SK will get him back?

i remember bds said in an interview that what we don't need is team league. i think that pretty much sums up their opinion towards wc3l.

for ngl, personally i don't think it's profitable to have two star players participating, given the total prize pool is merely $17,500. furthermore i don't see so many offline events coming up this year as the past two years either. is there enough revenue reign can generate to justify his salary?

i have been a reign fan since day 1 and i really would love to see him wearing SK tag too, but i have to be realistic :/

If bds thinks so, why bother playing WC3L?

why not? it doesn't hurt that much to give it a try. if michael develops to a new level, that would be something. spending big is already something wrong to begin with. MYM has already gone, and i doubt SK wanna follow suit.

moneywise maybe , to compete with the best wc3l teams not really ;x

FoReVeR_ManUtd wrote:
why not? it doesn't hurt that much to give it a try. if michael develops to a new level, that would be something. spending big is already something wrong to begin with. MYM has already gone, and i doubt SK wanna follow suit.

I don't really think that's enough for such a prestigious clan like SK. They've been around forever and always had the ambition to place top in every team league. Besides, team leagues are the place where most of the advertisment for the clans are going on. If you think of WC3L, you remember that SK won the last finals (just an example), if you think of solo tournaments, the clan is secondary, you'd think of Lyn or Moon, not SK.

Lyn has lost almost half his games so he isnt exactly as though he is playing like a star.

SK now realise how hard it was for Grubby to carry the team prior to it folding. The different being Grubby was succeeding where Lyn is failing.

Malystryx wrote:
but is WC3L as important as it was before? For me I think given the new formats, the NGL ONE 1on1 is the bigger deal. WC3 is bigger than the WC3L but indeed it is dissapointing to have started badly.

huh 1on1? and what exactly sk doin there? nothing its achievement for players only!

sure, when you have sufficient resources and you get what you pay for. but when you spend a lot, but nothing returns, will you keep spending until you go bankrupt, or will you try something else? i don't think the SK management will do something without thinking of it for a second, otherwise SK will be the first one to fold rather than being what it is now.

Still I don't think that ReiGn is unaffordable for SK. Hiring ReiGn instead of MichaeL would make a difference of how many dollars? 500,1000, 1500? I don't really think SK would go bankrupt in this case. It's not like we're talking about hiring 3-4 players again, it's one player who, which i am sure of, will prove how much he's worth. In my opinion SK really needs ReiGn because SK is supposed to be top clan, it just doesn't fit to see them hanging around at those lower ranks. In the long run, this will also damage the reputation of SK in my opinion.

Money Money Money Money CRISIS Money Money Money CRISIS

AAAAAAAAAAAJHDUQOCDFIQOJCQSIOCPZA

Monkey CRISIS

"Money crisis" my ass. Some organisations are actually even more profitable now than they were and I'm quite sure SK is one of them. They just use "oh, it's the crisis so we must cut our team short" excuse to get more money for themselves. Easy :)

This has 50% chance of being true, the other 50% chance goes to the fact that they actually don't care about WC3L.

mm

In my point of view, SK is not only a War3 clan but a E-sports club. No one can stands at very top for te wole time. It migt be good 4 SK management to look around and decide to force in a new direction. I saw SK added race content,keep going in SCII and DiabloIII.Only personal idea.

Sk knows what to do..

DotAis4Noobs wrote:
Sk knows what to do..

yeah we can see sk perfances in all games!

Why I have to repeat myself 3242342323 times....

This is BUSINESS.WC3L simply doesn't worth it.To keep 2 top players , teams need to pay like 2-3k euros per month.If they eventually win the league , they win like 10k ?! And thats like once in 6 months + travelling , accomodation, etc....

Its just pointless, get it

hostilepulse wrote:
Why I have to repeat myself 3242342323 times....

This is BUSINESS.WC3L simply doesn't worth it.To keep 2 top players , teams need to pay like 2-3k euros per month.If they eventually win the league , they win like 10k ?! And thats like once in 6 months + travelling , accomodation, etc....

Its just pointless, get it

you are so idiot! if they didnt win any trophy sk was a little known team! and they havent so many fans and sponsers and we see so many companys advertising in this site you know why? cuz SK is one of the best team in e sport, and sk have shop center, sk insider and lots of thing that make incomes!

now when hot is on the market again^^
go get him back to SK :D
SK.HoT & Sk.Lyn dreamteam?

would be perfect ;)

« Previous1Next »

Partners In Win big ben Mionix