Top navigation Players Media Awards Partners About
Change skin White Black
Partners Intel Medion ASRock Kingston Gamed.de

You are here: Home / Forums / Warcraft III / Orc
TOPIC

« Previous1Next »
Orc

I know i'm asking for trouble here, but i'd like some sensible, well-thought out opinions about Orc in the latest patch. They've already caught up with the old 'elf imba' whine, and are starting to take over from humans even. Without saying pointless shit like 'bm overpowered', why do you think Orc is so strong now. Or do you think they're fine? I know it's a lot to ask on the intrawebs but i'm genuinely curious and maybe we can have a real discussion about it.

eat the worm mother fucker ! Grubby is the man

I think orcs are now imba because bm can hit very hard atm.. Or then ppl just get their mind "OMG I LOSS FOR ORC AT ELFS!" (Sorry caps) I think that Bm is faster to creeping + with Wind Walk easy buying Criclet of Nobility (or someting like that).

it sure was whine about orc>ud before 1.22, and that was fact then ,as it is now.

Arceus
Arceus

imo it's not becuz of 1.22,orc just found the way to show their real strenght.
'bm overpowered' is not pointless shit,bm is the most deadly hero atm with dota style.
And mb the prediction of our scholar bNNN is finally right : the second thing is that orc tech to tier3 more and more.Orc used to win alot with tier2,what if they take full advantages of tier3 ? orc players have the potential of creating some new deadly strats (wit tier3 units) while the others race cannot.
The last thing is that top notch NE & HM players are not in shape or consistent.

Don't forget the staff nerf. Imo that made ors' job a lot easier vs. elves. Weaker t2 pushes, etc.

From that I take it UD is yet to be IMBA. Agreed :D.

i always go to tier 3 with orc because i buy orb for my BM and he owns with claws circlet and gloves ^^ :))

people should just get some self-confidence
anyway, the blademaster, which is the main reason why people say orc imba, is a very good damage dealer but he goes down fast on focus. the dh has evasion, so he can last longer in battles and deal massive damage with his orb and mana burn which denies damage (at least two shock waves in one battle). all in all bm is not weak at all. its pretty much balanced for us. u must have very high skill to judge if orc is imbalanced. just the thing which was mentioned, that bm has 0 collision with ww maybe should be removed.

Hey give me this replay plZ ..

I think with the patch which increases the experience of Dryads make the matchup Elf vs. Orc more balanced, since Dryads costs lesser than raiders or grunts and they are even stronger, so the elfs have to care more about their Dryads. With the humans I dont really know, I mean there haven't changed anything big yet so I think the orcs are just on fire, especially Grubby. Cant imagine what will go on in the community when Grubby won the NGTV Final and the WCG....

My own thoughts on the BM are that he NEEDS high damage output, otherwise he's useless. He offers the army NOTHING except damage, and if you nerf that you're left with ooooooooldskool FS/TC in almost every game - same shit, different smell. I look at the changes in the last patch and don't see anything really game-breaking for orc players. Sure, the staff nerf helped but it's indirect help. It just means that orcs can get their tier2 buildings up at the same time as the elf. At the same time, to juts say 'orcs just improved their play' seems too simplistic to me.

Thanks for the comment btw n4pster.

Stop whine about blademaster
patch didn't change anything.... blademaster is exactly the same hero than before
before = when orc was totally raped by Elf

the guy above me has a point!

ye Agree with #GrubbyOwnYou

Put Gem of True seeing back again from RoC and everything will be alright (=.

@ n4pster1337
Noob...

Orc started to become strong when item stacking became BM became popular.

Orc started to become strong when item stacking BM became popular.

wtfux

Orcs get lots of unfair advantages such as BM beeing able to follow opponents army around stealing items, knowing whereabouts of enemy for possible creepjacks and knowing the compisition of enemy army
the other thing that makes orc so powerful is beeing unable to TP while hexed
basicly if u lose a hero carrying tp u will end up losing all because of BM s move speed hex and ensnare

well guess what, other races have advantages too!
Elfs get lots of unfair advantages such as DH being able to burn down enemis heroes so they are nothing more a but a simple unit in the fight, completely useless of their skills. The other thing that makes elf so powerful is creeping with a tree which also takes all the damage from the tress being able to creep a very big spot in very little time with taking 0 damage.
basically if you can attack, tech and expand at the very same time (see replayers new rotw) you will end up losing because of expansion, bears and dryads.

rofl tnx for thumbing me down for no reason
well guess what dear legendzpoe
while having a hero with no mana sux it sure beats having a dead hero but that s beside the point
don t get me wrong i m not saing NE is bad or anything
but every race has it s advantages i was just pointing out imo "unfair" advantages
while creeping with a tree sure is ... it still has disadvantages
1 being u can t produce units while moving it around while running around with BM only has strong points and no weaknesses since u can creep with SH meanwhile
and if u don t think that it s wierd that a BM alone can take 50% of ur heros health in the duration of a hex u r just stupid
and since u r obviously an orc player (and a heavily biased 1 might i add) u r oppinion doesn t realy count

BM can be nuked down super fast by UD heroes (just like DH) since armor is worthelss in that situation.

It's kind of hard to get good heroes vs blade though. Then add spirit link and healing wave.. Also always have invul on him of course. Best case scenario is that after he gets waved 2 times and uses invul he has to ww and salve for a little bit, then fight again and get more heal waves..

AM can also be nuked down by UD heros super fast
the only difference here beeing u can contain UD with orc to stop them from leveling fast whereas u can t do that with human
doesn t mean it s imbalanced
if u gave BM more hp then he already has it would be a complete joke
+ with orc u have healing wave which can in combination with invoulrnability pot+ww keep BM alive long enough to dish out some serious dmg
imo the biggest problem for Orc vs UD in frost armor which decreses BMs dps by a lot

Orcs-pros are by far the most brainless and uncreative players.

But the worst part are the emo-orc-fans, crying out loud.

Such a useless bunch of kids.

that crit is pretty weak for ffa, 600+ is a good ffa-crit =)

the thing about overpowered bladylady is that you cant hurt him in early/mid due to ww/salves/fountain and in infights he doesnt die because of sh-heal, as long as the orc is keeping an eye on him. its is so fucking annoying and not even close to balance that a lvl2dk+5 fiends have to run when a single lvl2 blady wants them to - hello? its not about stealing creeps like napster mentioned, you can counter that with coil/dust etc, the imba thing is rightclick on dk/am etc combined with circlets/gloves/claws.

and that patches didnt do anything to bm is pure bullshit, bm got buffed heavily when the ls-itemclass was removed and even more claws etc appeared on nearly every map. furthermore the removed the reju-pots, which were really helpful for ud vs nooby rightclick on dk.

when hes not doped with items bm is a usual hero with advantages and disadvantages, but if he has even mediocre items he is easily the strongest hero ingame.

and that you NEED him in every matchup is pure bullshit aswell, its just easier to use him in every matchup because you just have to train one single playstyle, like with fs back in the days.
btw in lategame fs is stronger in many/some situations, lvl3 wolves ftw. thats the only positive thing about blady atm, you dont see those wolve-whores =)

give him collision size during ww and he's fine again, that makes him too easy to use.

If you know how to play, you can be pro in any race

its funny how some people still haven't got it, orc is imbalanced and theyre 5 times easier to master and when you do master it, and play good enough its not much the other player can do, also may depend om map but all in all, its up to the orc player who wins, if he dont play good enough, the enemy can use his mistakes to win.

Yes the dryad nerf may have made ud v ne a bit ud favor, and the staff nerf may have made it harder for elf vs orc, still doesnt change the fact that if orc plays good enough with his bm and unescapable army, he wins.

Only orc players/lover and a few people that dont got good enough brains, still think orc is not imbalanced.

Zoldot wrote:

Only orc players/lover and a few people that dont got good enough brains, still think orc is not imbalanced.

Orc... Brains... something is definitely wrong here...

bladermaster :

early game : -take important item-creeps, heal up invisible

-pressure enemy by sick dmg output, heal up invisible
-steal creeps, be everywhere everytime without your enemy knowing

kuco87 wrote:
bladermaster :

edit button ?
again...

-chose whatever creeproute you want, your enemy can`t scout you anyway

mid game : -maphack by WW lvl2
-be everywhere everytime
-steal creeps, pick of units, pressure enemy while creeping your 2nd hero without any danger
-slaughter enemys heros

late game : -dmg output of a whole army

in every phase of the game that hero is a beast...every phase of the game vs orc is pretty much about dealing with the blademaster..

You forgot about creepjack your opponent every time when he creeps red yellow, red spots with free mh. Bm is superb hero that’s why I never use fs. Fs won’t win you a game, in early you have to micro low hp wolves like crazy and they give way to much xp and this hero is mana depended. Bm with good drop can solo opponent’s army and lucky crit their hero

well as a orc player i used to whine a lot but today i must say this
BM needs nerf
sure, bm was this strong a long time ago, but players only discovered this after the patch, with proper creeping path + shop/black market you can get incredibly strong with it, but what is the most amusing about it, you can beat a stronger player with it, this playstyle is more like dota, big hero nuke, fast scout, item steal etc.
i have been thinking about it, what then should be nerfed ... and i allready got it, it should help
first, increase ww cooldown, second, nerf the ww over units ability (you should be capable of it, but hero speed should be nerfed to normal), and the third nerf should be, that the crits from bm should be multipled only the base dmg and then + item dmg
so, if you got on your bm 55 base dmg +25 bonus dmg and you crit with 3lvl skill, then you should make 55*4+25= 245 dmg (compare it with the current skill, when it will be like (55+25)*4=320)

+or "just dont let him(bm)"pass through units!!

cimo wrote:
well as a orc player i used to whine a lot but today i must say this
BM needs nerf
sure, bm was this strong a long time ago, but players only discovered this after the patch, with proper creeping path + shop/black market you can get incredibly strong with it, but what is the most amusing about it, you can beat a stronger player with it, this playstyle is more like dota, big hero nuke, fast scout, item steal etc.
i have been thinking about it, what then should be nerfed ... and i allready got it, it should help
first, increase ww cooldown, second, nerf the ww over units ability (you should be capable of it, but hero speed should be nerfed to normal), and the third nerf should be, that the crits from bm should be multipled only the base dmg and then + item dmg
so, if you got on your bm 55 base dmg +25 bonus dmg and you crit with 3lvl skill, then you should make 55*4+25= 245 dmg (compare it with the current skill, when it will be like (55+25)*4=320)

nice changes, I like them ;/ but I guess blizzard will never move their fingers on wc3 again (for balance changes)

DoR wrote:
orc have a great ground unit, it's unit have powerful power..
the disadvantage is orc air unit is weak..

asian guy trying to write something in english? funny :)
orc air isnt weak, its all about play style and counter

« Previous1Next »

Partners In Win big ben Mionix