2012-10-04 - 2012-10-13
On October 13, 2012, Riot Games will host the conclusion of the $5 million season in Los Angeles, California.
The Season 2 World Championship will begin on the 4th of October, and will be held in Los Angeles, California. Twelve qualifying teams from around the world will partake in the championship, which boasts the largest prize pool in the history of E-sports tournaments, at 2 million USD. The grand finals will take place on October 13th, while all other matches will take place the week before, between October 4th and 6th.
- First Place teams from North America, Europe, China, and Korea will be seeded directly into the single elimination bracket
- Eight teams are divided into two groups of four
- Group stage is round robin, best of one matches
- Top two teams of each group advance to the bracket stage
- Grand Finals are Best of Five
Season 2 World Championship News
Azubu Frost fined $30 000 for cheating
Season 2 WC Semifinals: TPA vs. M5
Season 2 WC: A day with the team
Conclusion of S2 World Championship Playoffs announced!
Season 2 WC Quarterfinals: World Elite vs CLG.eu
THE NEW JERSEY