1. Hero Changes
A change that will hopefully make my favourite hero see more action at a pro level. This change makes his cogs a much more feared skill in an offensive situation, with a 50% increase in the amount of hp/mana drained at it’s max level!
- Wall of Replica Aghanim bonus no longer creates allied illusions
- Wall of Replica Aghanim bonus now increases illusion damage from 70/80/90 to 100/120/140% instead
A hero currently regarded as ban or pick, these changes focus on Dark Seers ultimate, in specific how it functions with Aghanim’s. First change is a slight nerf to the illusions in general, with them taking more damage from all attacks. The next two are the big changes. Just as it says Aghanim’s will no longer allow you to make illusions of your allies when they walk through the wall. In trade off for this there has been an increase in the damage the illusions do. This means less illusions, but ones that hit harder – however they do die a little bit easier than before. I personally view this as a very minor nerf, requiring more skill in the ult itself as you own team can now longer walk through an make illusions. Can guarantee the Seer will still be high on the banning list if you ask me.
Tobi Wan’s favourite change of the patch – now more chance for epic black holes!
- Teleportation mana cost no longer decreases per level (constant 50)
- Chaos Meteor land time decreased from 1.5 to 1.3
- EMP can no longer hit Invulnerable/Tornadoed units
- EMP cooldown increased from 25 to 30 seconds
- Sun Strike damage type changed from Magical to Pure
- Sun Strike now reveals the area it will hit before the damage impact
- Tornado cooldown increased from 25 to 30 seconds
- Tornado Damage decreased from 77.5+(Wex+Quas)*23 to 70+(Wex+Quas)*20
Big changes! Very well deserved ones too if you ask me. EMP no longer hits people which are invulnerable or in the tornado. His most OP combo of moves was always going to get a nerf, we all need it, however do not fear as a truly good invoker will still be able to land a good EMP, he will just have to time it for when they land from the tornado rather than fire it straight away. The whole Wex/Quas invoker has generally taken a hit, with some small buffs to other skills which will hopefully result in us seeing some more skill combinations from invokers from now on.
- X Marks The Spot cooldown decreased from 20 to 16 seconds
- Ghost Ship stun duration increased from 1.2 to 1.4
Small buffing love to a much missed out hero that, much like Clockwerk, I wish we could see getting a bit more action at a pro level.
- Fiery Soul movement speed bonus increased from 3/4/5/6 to 4/5/6/7%
- Voodoo manacost increased from 110/140/170/200 to 125/150/175/200
- Voodoo duration increased from 1.25/2/2.75/3.5 to 1.75/2.5/3.25/4
A good half second added to Voodoo from level one, with a trade of for a bit more cooldown and mana cost. Should help early game more than anything else.
- Phase Shift autocast removed
- Phase Shift manacost removed
- Phase Shift level 4 duration increased from 3 to 3.25 seconds
- Aghanim Upgraded Dream Coil no longer increases the manacost from the base spell
Most likely in response to the bug linked to Pucks auto casting phase shift (look it up if you do not know the story behind it). A great change with ethereal jaunt now dodging projectiles, just a very minor niggle I have always had with it in the past. Small buffs for phase shift and dream coil with Aghanim’s leave puck pretty much unchanged, albeit now fixed and hopefully bug free.
- Life Drain damage increased from 100/150/200 to 120/160/200 (with Aghanim's from 175/225/275 to 180/240/300)
Good small buff to decrepify and also more health from life drains, that extra 20hp drained at skill level 1 could really make a difference in the early lane phase.
Queen of Pain
Teams have players already unlocking the potential of Queen of Pain in dota 2 so it really makes me wonder how this buff will be perceived? Quite possibly will push Queen of Pain into the top tier of the hero list.
- Necromastery soul count increased from 8/16/24/32 to 12/20/28/36
Another of my personal favourite heroes, and one that again I feel is overlooked by many pro teams as a viable mid carry. 6 souls for a hero kill mainly effect this hero when recovering from dying, which loses him 50% of his soul count, drastically dropping his damage. Now a good place ult that snags a kill or two will pay off allowing Shadow Fiend to continue the team fight at near maximum damage even if fresh out of the well.
- Fixed Poison Attack damage not being lethal
- Shadow Word duration increased from 8 to 9 seconds
Buffed not too long ago if I remember correctly, but regardless here he is with a decent buff. Steady addition of damage from infernal permanent and shadow word should make the hero a little more appealing to people wanting to try out Warlock.
2. Item Changes
Small transfer of 20g cost from the start of the game to the mid game. May seem like nothing but potential is there to open up some slightly better starting item builds, mainly for the support heroes who usually buy the courier.
Eye of Skadi
Veil of Discord
- Damage instances before breaking increased from 3 to 4
- Rejuvenate heal increased from 150 to 170
Sange & Yasha
Changes to disassembling items which finally make sense! Tranquil boots now potentially a good pick up for support heroes early on; simply disassemble them and make them into other boots plus some other stat items – the heal is such an overlooked item on these boots and it would be interesting to see them fit into the game more often. Taking Sange and Yasha apart after merging them opens the potential to make one/both of them into higher tier weapons if you are getting fed more than Dendi playing Pudge mid!
3. Gameplay Changes
- Courier death team bounty from 150 to 175
- Added a new ability on the courier to go to the secret shop
- Removed Unexplored Fog of War
- Cheese no longer requires 5 mana to use
- Range creeps mana pool increased from 300 to 500
- Harpy's Chain Lightning cooldown from 6 to 4 seconds
- Satyr Trickster purge manacost decreased from 150 to 120
- Satyr Hellcaller HP regen aura increased from 3 to 4
*Please note there is little chance the bug fixes/UI changes will make it over to Dota 2 for fairly obvious reasons*
Thank you very much for reading this quick guide on what is to come – potentially – in future Dota 2 patches, some interesting changes I am sure you will agree! Discuss it all at your leisure in the comments section below!
Article by: Ghostchanter
SK Gaming are recruiting. Find out how you can get involved right here
›› Other Activities
RETIRED: casual gamer & focusing on my studies
Master in Medicine at the University of Ghent
Ex-Dota 2 Lead Editor for It's GoSu after serving SK Gaming from 2007 till 2012 with a 1-2 year break and a period as the Dota 2 Lead Editor
Named Best Belgian Player NOLF #1
1st csports.net ranking NOLF
Clanbase/ESL Nationscup 2003(Team-Belgium)
Clanbase/ESL Nationscup 2004(Team-Belgium)
Clanbase/ESL Nationscup 2005(Team-Belgium)
Clanbase/ESL Nationscup 2006(Team-Belgium)
Clanbase/ESL Nationscup 2007(Team-Belgium)
Clanbase/ESL Nationscup 2008(Team-Belgium)
2nd OC Clanbase 2003 INF (Quick Thrill)
1st INF Clanbase Ladder 2003 (Virtual Fighting Squad)
3rd INF Clanbase Ladder 2003 (Quick Thrill)
3rd OC Clanbase 2003 INF (Quick Thrill)
3rd OC Clanbase 2003 INF (Virtual Fighting Squad)
1st SC Clanbase 2004 INF (Arrow)
3rd OC Clanbase 2004 DEM (Arrow)
3rd EC Clanbase 2004 INF (Pureplay) WITHOUT ME
1st EC Clanbase 2004 INF (Team sK) WITHOUT ME
3rd OC Clanbase 2005 INF (Instant Glory)
3rd HC Clanbase 2005 INF (Quick Thrill)
3rd NC Clanbase 2005 INF (Team Belgium)
1st OC Clanbase 2005 INF (Quick Thrill)
1st OC Clanbase 2005 INF (pureaim)
3rd OC Clanbase 2005 CTF (noobs United)
3rd HC Clanbase 2006 CTF (noobs United)
2nd OC Clanbase 2007 CTF (noobs United)
LOADS of Latenight Cup Achievement
1st Benelux cs 5on5 February 2007 (Dfiance Gaming)
8th-5th LanLife 2007 (Dfiance Gaming)
1st GamerLAN Summer 2005 (Arrow)
8th-5th Fom 7.0 2005
8th-5th GunkCon 2005 (Pillars.MIX)
8th-5th Fom 8.0 2006 (several clans)
8th-5th several times, no top spots yet!
1st Plug2Play 2006 (Cyberlegends)
Bootcamp vs CNO & 24gaming (endeavor.mix)
1st Clanbase CSS Benelux Ladder (Killing for Pleasure)
1st Digibattles Minicup v22 (Killing for Pleasure)
OC Premier League Attendant (Killing for Pleasure)
MYM Pride Nations #2 Attendant
DOTA Team Belgium 2008
DOTA Team Belgium 2009
Played - #dotapickup.xp
Played - #dotapickup.euro
Played - #dotapickup.1337
Played - #dotapickup.sprd
Played - #dotainvite
Played - #ihcs2
DOTA2: COME-BACK TIME
NewBee wins The International 2014, $5 million
ESPN to cover The International 2014
TI4: China takes the lead
TI4: Cloud 9 leads the pack
TI4: Liquid to the playoffs
THE NEW JERSEY