The Game Mode 'Dominion' resembles that of a typical capture and hold style of gameplay. First appearances of the new map look to be in a similar style to that of WoW but for now we can but guess what is to come.
You can view the trailer here via Eurogamer.net
EDIT: Riot Games Press Release:
League of Legends: Dominion features:
· Capture-and-hold gameplay: Summoners battle it out for control of five unique strategic targets, capturing points from the opposing team and defending them against enemy intrusion.
· An all-new map: The action in Dominion takes place in the Crystal Scar, a highly contested, war-torn mining village featuring stunning new art crafted specifically for the new map.
· Fast-paced action: Dominion is an accelerated version of classic League of Legends gameplay– matches last around 20 minutes, so gamers can enjoy a rapid-fire alternative to the more strategic, measured pace of Summoner’s Rift.
· Non-stop combat: From beginning to end, players will enjoy unrelenting skirmishes as they vie for control over the map– in Dominion, Summoners can expect an onslaught of one-on-one and small team fights.
· Down-to-the-wire victories: Matches of Dominion are competitive until the very end– late-game comebacks are possible and the outcome is always in question.
· Completely free: Like classic League of Legends, Dominion is completely free-to-play for new and veteran Summoners alike. Players will be able to use all their existing masteries, runes, champions and skins on Dominion.
Gamers will have the first chance to go hands-on with League of Legends: Dominion this month at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany and PAX Prime in Seattle, Washington.
· Gamescom: August 18 to 21 in Cologne, Germany: Hall 9 Aisle B, booth 043 (Mail email@example.com for any press meeting requests)
· PAX Prime: August 26 to 28 in Seattle, Washington, USA: Booth 3433[/info
eSports coordinator at Riot Games
SK Gaming - League of Legends Team Manager + Editor
SK Gaming Nov '10 - May 2012.
IEM Global Challenge Gamescom, Cologne 2011
IEM Global Challenge Kiev
DreamHack Summer '12
ECC Poland, Warsaw
Season 2 Regionals, Gamescom
Season 2 World Championships, Los Angeles
Tales of the Lane, Paris
DreamHack Winter '12
IEM Cologne '12
S3 EU Qualifiers, Warsaw
IEM World Championship '13, CeBIT
EU LCS road trip: Lille
Riot S3 EU Summer Promotion
All-Star Shanghai 2013
OGN OLYMPUS Champions Spring
S3 World Championships, L.A
SK Gaming League of Legends Roster Update
Recap of the League - LPL playoffs
Recap of the League - EU LCS Playoff Preview
SK LoL line-up for LGX
SK LoL to attend Luxembourg Gaming Experience
THE NEW JERSEY